Gestational Diabetes is a condition wherein high blood sugar is produced during
pregnancy and generally it disappears after giving birth. This problem occurs if
body is not able to produce enough insulin to meet the extra needs of insulin during
This problem occurs during pregnancy period. This shows the fact that one already
has high blood sugar levels but they were normal before pregnancy. But if one has
it, then also on can have a healthy baby after consultation of doctor. The way out is
to manage the sugar level.
Diabetic Symptoms are Unique to Women
After the birth of baby, the problem of gestational generally goes away.
This type of diabetes can often create conditions for development of type 2
The women expecting a baby has the way to control gestational diabetes by intake
of healthy food, exercising and medication if required.
In case of planning for a baby, it is advisable to consult a doctor. This way doctor can make an evaluation of the risk of gestational diabetes. If there is likely condition for gestational diabetes, frequent checkups are advised. This is done during the last three months of pregnancy. Then doctor monitors the blood sugar level and also health of the baby.
If you desire to check the if your blood sugar level has returned to normal after your baby is born, your health care team will check your blood sugar right after delivery and again in six weeks. If you have gestational diabetes diagnosed,, then you must get your blood sugar level tested regularly.
Right blood sugar control is helpful to reduce these risks:
- It helps to avert any difficulties for the baby.
- It also averts problems for the mother.
- It combats risk of defects by birth.
- Further there is reduction in chances of stillbirth and miscarriage.
- The chances of risk of premature birth is reduced.
How to overcome Gestational diabetes?
Regular checkup of the blood sugar level so as to reduce the Diabetes.
Get a right diet plan after consulting a nutritionist.
Get more knowledge about the Gestational Diabetes Diet.
Take Medicines prescribed by the doctor on regular basis.
Intake of carbohydrates in your Gestational Diabetes Meal Plan.
Avoid taking Sweet Drinks if you are having Gestational Diabetes.
Do Get Plenty of Sleep with Gestational Diabetes.
Do Schedule Follow-Up Visits and Diabetes Screenings.
Avoid skipping meals or snacks.
Intake of good amount is must of protein.
Intake lot of water on regular basis.
Ayurveda aims to eradicate any disease with proper medications along with dietary restrictions and increased physical activity depending on the level of dosha imbalance. Those patients with more body strength or weight are given a different type of treatment while the weak or lean patients are treated for proper nutrition first. But irrespective of the body type, the main focus is on
- Aahara: Diet is the first approach that we can take to create and maintain ideal health and to reduce the symptoms of illness by adjustment in diet and eating habits can controlled sixty percent of illness solely. Always we should be aware of what, when and how we are eating.
- Vihaaraa: Acharya Charaka believes that strenuous exercise immediately relives diabetes symptoms and bath with medicated water and application of paste of certain healing ingredients on the body are also helpful. Ancient ayurvedic texts clearly mention lack of physical activity as being one of the main reasons for diabetes and exercise plays a major role in carbohydrate metabolism and decreasing blood glucose level.
- Aushadhi: The first two pillars (Ahara, Vihara) are concerned with diet and lifestyle. When we follow their principles, the seeds of disease never get sown. They educate us to how to live life in harmony with natural law. The imbalances that cannot be handled by these two pillars are managed by Aushadhi that is concern on treatment of disease. Mainly ayurvedic medicines are formulated using a mix of herbs and other plants. Ayurveda is proved that is a capable of overcoming various health problems that occurs in human body.
Irrespective of the system of medicine being followed to manage diabetes – whether Ayurveda or Allopathy; diet restrictions, active lifestyle and medication are the three principles that have to be adhered to according to the physician’s advice.